B.Tech Information technology and its applications involving information system design, information storage and retrieval, information acquisition and flow have a crucial role in civil, electrical, mechanical and other branches of engineering. At Sharda Group of Institutions, students learn the fundamentals of information technology to understand its key concepts.
Let's win together
Please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you with 1-2 business days. Or just call us now.
952 095 4704
639 940 5013
About Information Technology
The curriculum of B.Tech Information Technology at Sharda Group of Institutions is primarily designed to provide students with both theoretical and technical skills which enable them to solve complex and challenging problems. The curriculum also intends to improve technological depth of knowledge and skills in design, implementation and use of core and specialized skills of information technology. Students are also taught various fundamental concepts including security, web systems, networking and software engineering.
The course focuses on the complete software development life cycle, database and knowledge discovery with judicious blend of technical skills. The program structure is continuously improved by taking inputs from the industry experts, keeping in mind the upcoming trends.
Highlights of B.Tech programme
- Many live projects are offered to hone the skills of the students
- The program also accounts for the development of managerial skills
- Elective courses are also offered
- Expert lecturers by renowned academics and industrialists are also organized
- Students also participate in several national level events
- Industrial internship and challenging project are also the part of the curriculum
After completion of the B.Tech program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate technical competence to work in IT sector
- Pursue higher studies, carry out research and development in evolving technologies
- Analyze, design and provide solutions to the challenges in information technology sector
- Engage in life-long learning, communicate and exhibit the leadership skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity towards several ethical and environmental issues and social responsibilities.
10+2 pass from a recognized board or university with Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and a minimum of 50% marks.
- 10+2 with PCM
- 50% Marks in 10+2
- Passed from recognized board or university
- 4 Years Course
- 8 Semester
- 2 Semester/Year
The six major fields (domains) in which IT professionals work are:-
Scope / Career Prospects
After completion of B.Tech Information Technology, students can opt for higher studies like M.Tech/MS in various specializations. IT sector is one of the most significant sectors today that is growing rapidly. The career scope for IT professionals is comprehensive. After completion of the program, engineers can get lucrative job opportunities with renowned companies. Engineers can start their career as programmer, database administrator, database designer, data warehouse designer, ERP, network architect, network engineer, software engineer, system administrator etc.
At senior management levels the industry offers almost the best compensation. At entry level also offers range from Rs. 2.5 lakh p.a. to Rs. 6.5 lakh p.a. and in 4 years the earnings get doubled. For those trained in niche areas of software development, ERP, VLSI & chip design, etc. or in MNCs of repute Rs. 4.0 lakh p.a. to Rs. 8 lakh p.a. at entry level may be offered.
CORPORATES WHICH RECRUIT SGI INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STUDENTS
- HCL Infosystem
- Data Armor
- Hughes Communication
- Tata Tele Services
- Sterling Telecom
- INS Ltd.
- Electro Com
- Sony Ericsson
- L.G. Electronics
- Control & Switchgears